Illinois workNet Site
<-- Job Search and Job Skill Resource with Video Explanations
<-- click for videos explaining job search resources
E-mail Access <-- Click Here to access personal e-mail
Schedule of Technology Trainings
- Computer Camp for Kids
- Teacher Trainings
- Computer Maintenance and Repair
- Tue evenings from 7-9 pm <click here>
a free basic computer. This is for those interested in how computers work and
who want to learn to do basic maintenance.
Class starts with installing simple hardware components, proceeds to
installing an operating system, and finishes by covering recommended routine
maintenance. You need to bring a regular
Philips screw driver, but all other equipment and tools will be furnished. Those completing the entire four week class may
to take their finished computer home.
- Community Offerings
- Wed evenings from 6-8 pm <click here>
- June 9th: Home Computer Security. Session will
cover basics protecting your computer from malware and identity theft.
- June 16: Computer Clinic. Cleaning viruses and
worms from your home computer
- June 23: Home Wireless Networking. Understanding and securing your home wireless
- June 30: Job Search Skills. Orientation to the Illinois Worknet resource
for finding and applying for jobs.
- Open Lab
- Tue and Thr evenings from 5-7 pm <click here>
Computer lab with Internet access will be open for public use. The school has high speed internet and
computers available for online classes, homework, learning computer
applications. The school has resources
for exploring careers and doing job searches.
The lab will be monitored by a school staff member. Help is available for learning to use the
Internet and Microsoft Office Software.